1/2 Kg - Okra/Lady's Finger/ Bhindi/Vendakai
1 - Medium Onion
1 - Medium Tomato
1 - Green Chilly
1 inch - Ginger
1/4 tbs - Turmeric powder
3/4 tbs - Red chilly powder
1/4 tbs - Aamchoor powder/Dry mango powder
1/2 tbs - Garam Masala powder
1/4 tbs - Roasted jeera powder
1/4 cup - Curd
1/2 tbs - Jeera
Pinch - Asafatida
2 arc - Curry leaves
250 ml oil - To deep fry Okra
Salt to taste
Deep Fried Okra Dry Curry
1. Wash Okra well cut their both ends. Then cut them into 2- 3 pieces lengthwise.
2. In a deep frying heat oil to deep fry Okras.
3. Once oil gets heated up slowly drop in 3-4 pieces of Okra and fry them till they turn golden brown.
4. Beware, the seeds of Okra during this process may burst.
5. Once they are down drain excess oil and transfer them on to a plate.
6. Meanwhile, cut the onion,tomato,green chilly lengthwise.
7. In a pan add in 2 tbs of oil. Add in Jeera,curry leaves,asafatida.
8. Add in onions,green chilly and saute them till onions get soft.
9. Add in the tomato and saute.
10. Drop in the turmeric powder,red chilly powder,aamchoor powder,roasted jeera powder.
11. Add in salt and mix well.
12. Now drop in deep fried Okra into it.
13. Mix well the Okra with gravy. Pour in the curd and add garam masala powder.
14. Keep stirring till the gravy gets dry.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice,chappati,nan